ISAN registration agencies are established to serve specific countries, group of countries or specific sectors of the audiovisual industry. These registration agencies receive and process applications for ISAN and assign the actual numbers to specific works.
Registration Agencies are appointed by the ISAN International Agency.
The responsibilities of a Registration Agency include:
- - to regionally manage individual applications of registrants and ISAN registrations;
- - to service readers accessing the ISAN database for consultation and inventory management purposes;
- - to implement an IT tool capable of interfacing with the ISAN central repository;
- - to generate local awareness through targeted marketing;
- - to educate the film and TV industries to the advantages of ISAN registration and familiarize them with the registration process.